Next Project!

I'm turning over a new leaf in pretending-to-be-a-house-blogger thing: I'm posting about a room project BEFORE I do it.  This is going to be fun!  I've now moved on to my own sleeping chamber... aka my bedroom.  

Here's where we're starting:  







My room faces east so it has fantastic light in the morning and actually most of the day. That's why i selected this as my sleeping chamber when I moved in despite it being the smaller of the extant bedrooms.  It's about 12x13.  The wall paint is Behr Nobility blue, and I love it. love. it's not going to change.  This is a very very saturated cobalt blue, with a lot of red in it, actually.  (i'm such a color snob. I'm very selective.) Here's a cool shot of pinterest using this exact color.  Notice how it responds to the two different light bulbs with completely different effects.

Definitely, I will have to make sure that the lights in the room are cool colored.  
Back to the room.

I want to flip the bed to the opposite wall.  (and I bought a new bed... because it's been 17 years in this one.) I think this will change the useable floor space. Right now, the space between the bed and the south windows is almost completely unused. (not just because I'm single)  This is because, to get to it, one has to walk around 3 sides of the room. If the bed were opposite the door, you could just walk over there.  I'm going to hang two brass colored wall sconces for bedside lights. Nightstands will by Trysil from IKEA...  ceiling is getting papered with this awesome art deco reminiscent paper... and the trim (and closet doors) will be dark.  (Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze.)  I'm going to switch the little dresser in here for the big one in the guest room... which was a trash pile find. really!  I don't even know what I will put in all this storage!

I'm still shopping for a rug... but I like one I spotted on FB marketplace... 

Here's my first I'm-a-real-blogger-style MOOD BOARD!!


Stay tuned!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Know thyself. Know thyself. Know thySELF!